Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind are seeking to employ an Accounts Assistant on a full-time, fixed-term basis to cover maternity leave.
The main purpose of the job is to assist in the financial management of the charity by contributing to the maintenance of the books of account and ensuring charity assets are managed effectively.
The role will be based at our national training centre on Model Farm Road, Cork City, T12 WT4A.
- Maintenance of supplier ledgers – to ensure suppliers are paid within the 30 days credit period and invoices are posted to facilitate management accounts preparation as per business plan. This will involve invoice processing and reconciliation to purchase orders, delivery dockets (GRNs) and supplier statements; responding to supplier queries; preparation of purchase order exception reports; maintenance of PO register.
- Accounts payable – supplier payments and reconciliations. Reconciliation to supplier statements; preparation of remittance advices; preparation of transfer, and maintenance of supplier ledger postings; assist in the management of aged creditor listing; review processes to continuously improve processes; reporting to stakeholders as required – e.g. reporting to Finance Manager / Head of Shared Services on aged creditors
- Direct Debits – maintenance of DD register; updating BankTrans for new/amended DDs; reconciliation of BankTrans to our internal system, PAWS, and co-operating with Direct Marketing; submission of files to the bank to meet SEPA deadlines.
- Feeding Allowances – updating each Guide Dog Owner supplier ledger for quarterly feeding allowance and payment; liaise with Client Services team for timely receipt of feeding allowances list.
- Bank Reconciliation – No 1 account reconciliation from Sage for sign off by FM/HSS – at least monthly.
- Vet cost reconciliation – review processes to continuously improve process and co-operate with Operations to ensure Vet bills are processed, posted correctly; authorised in line with SoP; and that queries dealt with in timely manner.
- Expenses – review and process all authorised expenses received in in the department as at Tuesday noon for payment by end of week.
- Reporting to stakeholders as required – e.g. Branch reports sent out monthly once income account reconciled
- Management Accounts – assist in the preparation of management accounts with the preparation and posting of journals for accruals, prepayments and depreciation and as required on a month-by-month basis so that the draft accounts are prepared in line with business plan deadlines
- Any other business or duties as requested by FM/HSS relevant to the maintenance of the books of accounts and safeguarding the assets of the charity
Qualifications & Experience
- Part or Full qualified accountant (from any of ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience with Sage would be an advantage
- 3+ years’ experience in a finance role
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully embrace and solve problems
- Self-disciplined and motivated
- Excellent ability to work to deadlines and apply procedure.
- Full clean driving licence essential.
Closing date for applications – 31st January 2021
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV in confident to email@example.com Alternatively, if you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Mel Conway, HR / H&S / Client Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 085 8009227.