This is an ideal opportunity to join Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind as we recruit a full-time Regional Development Officer for the East region.
Based in Dublin, this role will see a determined self-starter responsible for actively supporting and developing the organisation’s volunteer brand and Branches in the East region with particular emphasis on preparation and support for planning of Volunteer recruitment and fundraising campaigns.
Working closely with members of the Board, Corporate Sponsorship Manager, Community Fundraising Managers and team, and senior Volunteers, the Regional Development Officer is tasked with building, maintaining, mobilising and supporting a strong branch network in the delivery of fundraising events to achieve challenging targets set for the Region.
To be successful, you must be self-motivated and driven, and take personal ownership for the growth of your network and the delivery of targets. You will be required to frequently travel and work outside of normal working hours when attending events, Branch meetings and other relevant meetings.
• The provision of advice and support to the Volunteer Branch members in the Region
• Maintenance and development of Branch and income channels
• Liaison and co-ordination with Volunteer Branches on recruitment and fundraising events
• Performing any additional responsibilities where required for the proper fulfilment of your role
• Travel is an essential part of the role plus working evenings and occasionally weekends
• Previous experience in a not-for-profit sector role with similar characteristics
• Previous experience growing and maintaining a volunteer Branch Network
• Proven capacity to work on one’s own initiative
• Good knowledge and understanding of planning, organising and reporting on projects and ongoing work programmes, using close attention to detail
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate the capacity to achieve in a demanding work environment
Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Please forward your CV in confidence to: [email protected]
Closing Date for applications will be 18th January 2018