Department: Shared Services
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose of Role
To provide administrative and project management support to all functions within the Company focusing mainly on supporting operations teams including (but not limited to) Dog Supply & Breeding, Dog Volunteer Recruitment and Training, Technical Training, Rehoming & Temp Boarding and Client Services.
- Plan, Organise, manage and attend Dog Volunteer recruitment events and campaigns.
- Capture feedback from existing Volunteers/Review Retention levels and devise plans to address feedback/apply learnings.
- Manage day-to-day administration including maintaining records for Dog related contact/Volunteers.
- Provide on call/weekend support to Dog Volunteers for Breeding, Puppy Raising, Clients and Temp Home as required.
- Communicate with potential volunteers, carry out screening calls/visits to undertake home checks for potential volunteers.
- Planning for Volunteer requirements, developing Plans and measuring success of campaigns.
- On-board and co-ordinate training for volunteers for IGDB’ Volunteers.
Temporary boarding/rehoming/ad hoc duties
- Provide support and co-ordinate advice/coaching to IGDB Dog Related Volunteers.
- Out of Hours Support for Dog services.
- Communicate with Guide Dog Owners, Puppy Walkers and Volunteers with regard to the rehoming of retired dogs/withdrawn dog and provide appropriate feedback to them following the rehoming of their dog through recognised procedures
- Managing Diverse projects at the one time.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment campaigns for suitable volunteers for Irish Guide Dogs Temporary Boarding programme.
- Practical experience of working with dogs within either dog care or training environment.
Data Analysis and Standards
- Maintain SOPs for Dogs Related areas
- Responsible for co-ordinating, maintaining and adding content to E-Learning for Dog related areas.
- Support other departments as requested to complete miscellaneous tasks and administration.
- Reporting KPI’s for Dog related Volunteers weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Any other duties as outlined by your manager from time to time
Experience, Education and Skills
- Excellent typing, oral/written communication, and computer skills
- Previous administrative / office experience an advantage
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Operate general office equipment – data management programmes
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
- Full clean driving license essential
- This role will involve providing on call/weekend out of hours support for relevant operations functions.
**Please note that your responsibilities may be revised to reflect ongoing needs of the Company.
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your current CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is September 30th 2019.