This year marks the 13th Annual Motorbike Challenge and a return visit to the Lake District & to the Dales. Following on last years event, the overall feedback was to go back to England with the Lake District area receiving the most requests, we have been working hard in the background securing accommodation and ﬁnalising all the details. With Brexit, this proved to be very challenging.
The routes for the weekend are being ﬁnalised and will be revealed in due course, we we can assure you we are working hard to bring you the best routes and fantastic scenery that the lake District & Dales has to oﬀer.
If you are interested in taking part in the Lake District & Dales UK Challenge 2020 please return your completed registration form as soon as possible to Billy. Accommodation was incredibly hard to secure so places are strictly limited to 100 on a ﬁrst come ﬁrst served basis in the interest of fairness.
The cost of the weekend is: €650 per biker per person sharing and €490 per pillion per person sharing. The cost include
The cost includes:
- Return sailings, 3 nights hotel accommodation, breakfasts, evening meals including Gala Dinner on the final night
- Itinerary booklet
- Certificate of completion
- High Vis, T-shirt and badge
For anyone wanting to avail of a single room the additional supplement is €100 ( this is limited to 15 singles)
Due to a number of factors out of our control we are a bit later than usual letting you all know about the trip, so we have extended the usual dates for the deposit and the ﬁnal payments.
Deposit due on or before Friday 27th March 2020
Final Payment due on or before Friday 17th April 2020
Important points to note:
Other dates to note:
8th March 2020: The Monster Motorcycle Show Cork
April 2020: Trip Around Tipp Motorbike, Tractor and Vintage Run Date TBD
– Bike Registration: Please include your bike registration on the registration form, this is needed for the Ferry. If you think that you will be changing bike before the trip, then please leave this blank, but contact us as soon as you have a conﬁrmed what bike you are taking on the trip.
– We are charged a substantial admin fee for every bike reg we have to change, so best practice is to leave the bike reg blank until you have conﬁrmed the bike you are taking in the trip then get in touch.
If you are interested in taking part: Firstly, please return the registration form as soon as possible, deposit can follow after, it is extremely important that we know for deﬁnite by the 1st of April who is going on the trip.
– We have always tried to be as accommodating as possible, with a lot of people registering after our cut oﬀ dates, but this year the hotel have a strict contract in place, we will be handing back any rooms that will not be occupied on the 1st of April. If we hold onto them after this date we will be charged regardless of occupancy. After the 1st of April we will no longer be able to guarantee a place in the hotel, it will depend on the hotels availability. We just want to make you aware of this so that no one is left disappointed after this date.
When ﬁlling in the registration form please make sure to tick the preferred options for communication (preferably all of the options) its is really important to make sure these are ﬁlled in, as we are restricted with who we can contact going forward due to the new GDPR regulations .
We would urge you to please take note of the above, our aim with the motorbike trip is to raise as much as possible for the Irish Guide Dogs so we want to avoid any unnecessary and avoidable expense.
If you are unable to attend we would appreciate if you could please return the registration pack at your earliest convenience.
If anyone requires a letter of authorisation for their fundraising please let us know. Facebook Fundraising pages worked very successfully for some of our Blazing Bikers last year, so if anyone would like some help with setting one up please get in touch and we can help you.
This year we are again using https://blazing-bikers.raisely.com/
If you like you can register a profile on this site and then pay your deposit through this, like Facebook people can donate to support you if you share the personalised link with them.
Please send the Bank draft/Cheque which is to be made payable to the Irish Guide Dogs to Billy Shanahan at his address 33 Willowmere Drive, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
You can also pay your deposit online at https://blazing-bikers.raisely.com/
For more information Contact Anne Cahill at: email@example.com or call (021) 4878 259 or go to https://blazing-bikers.raisely.com/
Preston PR1 3AU, UK