We would be delighted if you would get involved in Guide Dog Day on 8 May.
In return, we would love to support your teachers and students in learning more about our organisation and the role we play when it comes to people living with a vision impairment or a child with autism. Engaging with our organisation not only helps us to continue providing life changing services through your fundraising efforts. It also enables us to educate your students on the benefits of Volunteering to society and hopefully instil in them a lifelong sense of community and social responsibility.
To get involved you can:
Order a GDD school pack
This will include items to sell to students and teachers in your school. You will receive Guide Dog Day pins, “independence” wristbands and posters to put up around the school to advertise your fundraising events. Register your interest for a GDD school pack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hold a fundraising event in your school
Get involved today by organising an event in your school. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Create your own events; sports day, table quiz, sponsored silences, cake sale etc.
- Virtual pet show: pay €2 to enter a photo of your pet, have a local vet judge the winner, display the photos on your school wall
- Sell our Guide Dog Day pins and wristbands in your school
- Hot chocolate sale
- Non uniform day
- Drop a collection box into a local shop
- Email family, friends and colleagues and ask them to donate
- Set up a Facebook Fundraiser and encourage your friends to support Guide Dog Day! Check out our How to Guide here or click here to get started!
There are more ideas here.
Support our collections
We are also calling on support from students over 16 to sell our pins and wristbands in your local community on-street.
To get involved or for more information about any of the above get in touch by emailing GuideDogDay@guidedogs.ie.
Please quote your school name and address in the email!